SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER/SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER:
McMahon Architects is an established boutique design firm located in Boston’s South End SOWA district. Our work culture is creative, fast paced, collaborative and open to new ideas. Every employee has the opportunity to have their ideas heard. In a firm of our size and style, no one is just a ‘cog in the wheel’. Your contributions and efforts have the ability to clearly impact the success of projects, the firm and our ‘Bottom Line’. Successful, hard work is recognized. Our client focus is Commercial/Corporate Interiors and Restaurant /Hospitality design. Residential and Retail projects are also undertaken from time to time.
MA is looking for a creative, motivated and organized senior project manager/senior interior designer with 10+/- years post-graduate project management experience. Extensive experience in corporate interiors design and project management is mandatory. The applicant must be able to plan and execute projects, organize, manage and mentor junior staff, manage consultants, and have strong client interaction. The applicant must possess a thorough knowledge of construction methods, material and codes. The applicant must have strong design and communication skills, experience with furniture selection and procurement, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time. Additionally, the ideal candidate has strong ties to the Boston Real Estate brokerage community and an interest and skill for New Business Development. Required competencies include Microsoft Office and AutoCAD/Revit. Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite and other related software experience is a plus. LEED accreditation is a preferred.
Completion of an Architectural or Interior Design degree program. LEED AP preferred.
- 10+/- years experience in a professional office working on all aspects of high quality Corporate Office Interior Design.
- Proven business development leader experience for workplace projects.
- Team leadership and development of junior design staff
We are looking for a Design Leader who excels in creativity and innovation and who can lead the design of major workplace projects including the following market sectors: professional service firms, financial service/investment firms, technology companies, corporate headquarters and commercial office building public spaces.
The right candidate will be a professional in the design industry, have a clear understanding of industry trends, and an interest in a client’s business. They will need to have the ability and skills to build/sustain client relationships, with energy, drive, and total commitment to design excellence. Also important is the ability to develop our current talent, motivate people, and champion great design as a role model.
AutoCAD and Revit proficiency required. Candidate also ideally has experience with Sketch-Up, other 3D modeling tools, PhotoShop, InDesign, Microsoft Project and general Microsoft Office Tools etc.
Work closely with in-house design and project management teams on all aspects or project lifecycle, including creation and development of CAD documents.
Meet with clients, maintain and develop relationships with Clients, Landlords, Brokers & Building Managers, Engineers, Vendors and Contractors – all with the goal of ensuring a continuing flow of projects for which the firm can compete. Proactively position the firm and network in the public, private and institutional sectors.
Train/Mentor junior designers & assistant project managers – contribute to the professional development of staff. Help to improve professional standards for office/staff; AutoCAD drawing/Construction Documents; verbal and written communications; etc.
The applicant will need to be capable of managing multiple projects of various sizes (10 +) at one time, meet deadlines and maintain a consistent level of quality in production and design. Coordinate staffing and lead multiple project teams on variety of project types simultaneously and team with in-house designers to:
- Develop and oversee development of space plans, Schematic Design and Design Development drawings
- Produce and oversee production of Construction Documents
- Research/compile/oversee specifications
- Custom design and detail millwork and special fixtures
- Review for Code and ADA compliance
- Coordinate MEP/FP engineering consultants
- Review and oversee submittals
- Perform Project Administration.
- Strong design skills - A hands-on design type – someone who can originate, draw, lead and execute. Someone who is passionate with design issues.
- Senior in work experience and an energetic work style
- Good presence. Accomplished. Good stature in the industry.
- Strong communication and client facing skills a must. Client development is important for building trust and loyalty to the company.
- Technology companies, financial & professional services firm design experience a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Health and dental insurance are available through the firm. Holiday, vacation & sick/personal days are included with benefits package. McMahon Architects also has a 401k plan for which the candidate will be eligible after one year’s employment.