MA is looking for a motivated and organized Designer, with an interior design background, entry with 2 – 4 years post-graduate experience. Extensive experience in corporate interiors is mandatory. The applicant must be able to assist in the planning and execution of projects, manage consultants and have strong client interaction. Required competencies include Microsoft Office and AutoCAD/Revit. Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite and other related software experience is a plus. LEED accreditation is a preferred.
Completion of an Architectural or Interior Design degree program. LEED AP preferred.
- 4 - 6 years’ experience in a professional office working on all aspects of high quality Corporate Office Interior Design.
Must be proficient with Revit (with experience in a work setting) and AutoCAD 2016. Also desired: 3D rendering skills - PhotoShop, In Design, Sketch-up. Also, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Project and general Microsoft Office Tools etc.
Work closely with in-house design and project management teams on all aspects or project lifecycle, including creation and development of CAD documents. Meet with clients, maintain and develop relationships with Clients, Landlords, Brokers & Building Managers, Engineers and Vendors. Help to improve professional standards for office/staff; AutoCAD drawing/Construction Documents; verbal and written communications; etc.
The applicant will need to be capable of assisting with the management of multiple projects of various sizes (5 +) at one time, meet deadlines and maintain a consistent level of quality in production and design. Support project teams on variety of project types simultaneously and team with in-house designers to:
- Develop space plans/schematic designs
- Produce Construction Documents
- Research/compile specifications
- Custom design and detail millwork and special fixtures
- Review for Code and ADA compliance
- Coordinate MEP/FP engineering consultants
- Review submittals
- Perform Project Administration.
- Energetic work style
- Good presence. Accomplished. Good stature in the industry.
- Technology companies, financial & professional services firm design experience a plus.
- Strong design and project management skills.
- A hands-on design type – someone who can originate, draw, lead and execute. Someone who is competent with both design and technical issues.
- Strong communications and client facing skills a must. Client development important in building trust and loyalty to the company.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Health and dental insurance are available through the firm. Holiday, vacation & sick/personal days are included with benefits package. McMahon Architects also has a 401k plan for which the candidate will be eligible after one year’s employment.